Renewing Our Community for the Kingdom
Why the ROCK?
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Malachi 3:17 (KJV)
- 38.2% of the residents in 46218 are living at or below the poverty line (vs. 21% in Marion County)*
- $25,292 - Household income for residents (vs. $42,378 for Marion County)*
- 4.6% - Unemployment (vs. 4% for Marion County)*
Eastern Star Church is compelled by the church’s mission and faith to reach out and work to improve the quality of life in the 46218 community. Church-initiated projects involving diverse community partners will focus on:
- Building a sense of community among the people who live and work in this neighborhood.
- Enhancing the range of housing options available within a one-mile radius of Eastern Star Church.
Home Plans Amethyst Home Plan | Topaz Home Plan
- Growing the overall financial security of residents living in the neighborhood.
- Enhancing both formal and informal educational opportunities available for neighborhood residents.
Eastern Star Church is committed to building partnerships and securing resources to nurture a sustainable community where neighbors care about improving their own lives and each other’s.
For more information:
The ROCK Initiative Plan Summary
*Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Best Places, Mapping the Area