For the next six weeks, the Adult evening Bible Study classes will focus on your identity in Christ, a study in the book of Ephesians. Topics include: the struggle, new life in Christ and the community, pursuing unity and holiness in Christ, and being strong in Christ.
This week (January 9-11), Bible Study covered Born Identity. If you missed the class or need a refresher, view the outline and homework below.
- Who Are You?
- Genesis 1:27 – We are Made in the Image of God
- Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations
- 1 Peter 2:9 - You are a chosen people, royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price, honor God with your bodies
- Romans 6:6 – For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin
- John 1:12 – yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave right to become children of God
- Your Identity is “In Christ” - Psalm 139:1-18
- God Knows Us
- God Is Intimate With Us
- There Is Security “In Christ”
- Losing Your Self – Revelation 2:4-5
- Heart Drawing Away From God
- You Are Not What You DO
- God’s Chosen Acting Out Of Character
- Reclaiming Yourself – Psalm 51:10-12
- Repent to Restore
- Strength of the Spirit
- Identity is Established on the Inside
Read your Bible. Each day read a chapter in Ephesians.
- Day 1: Ephesians Chapter 1
- Day 2: Ephesians Chapter 2
- Day 3: Ephesians Chapter 3
- Day 4: Ephesians Chapter 4
- Day 5: Ephesians Chapter 5
- Day 6: Ephesians Chapter 6
- Day 7: Ephesians Chapters 1-6
Connect with God every day in prayer.
Spend time with God by engaging with devotional time.
Memorize Ephesians 1:2.
Identify an area of your life in which you need grace and peace.
Get an accountability partner, someone who you can trust and talk with about your thoughts concerning the Word of God.
Start a journal. This week record ten things in which your identity is rooted. Examine to see if your identity is rooted in godly/positive things.