Fishers Campus

Service: 9:15 a.m.

Sunday School: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.

8850 E. 106th Street, Fishers, IN 46037

 

Cooper Road Campus

Service: 10:45 a.m.

Sunday School: 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.

5805 Cooper Road, Indianapolis, IN 46228

 

Main Campus

ASL Available

Service: 12:15 p.m.

Sunday School: 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.

5750 E. 30th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46218

 

History

1920

Rev. Anthony Johnson and 12 individuals gathered to organize a mission for the community. The members invited Rev. Charles Poole of the Garfield Baptist Church to assist in the organizing of the mission and he appointed Rev. William Bell to preside over the worship services. The site of the first location was 1200 E. 17th St.

1921

Rev. Poole resigned as pastor of Garfield Baptist Church. He called together a group of ministers along with the members of the mission and decided to name it Eastern Star Missionary Baptist Church. The church then relocated to 22nd and Columbia Ave. with Rev. Poole as the pastor. A post he held for 10 years.

Eastern Star continued to grow and soon became a bright light in the community under the leadership of it's former pastors: Rev. Joseph Freeman, Rev. Henry Wittaca, Rev. John Weeden, Rev. Perkins Owens, Rev. William Robinson, Rev. Tom Collins and Rev. Joseph Carter.

1988

God called Jeffrey A. Johnson, Sr. to be the pastor of Eastern Star Church. Pastor Johnson began a ministry within Eastern Star Church that only God himself knew exactly what was in store and what would become of the ministry. The multiplying of the membership signified the anointing of the Holy Spirit on Pastor Johnson and the church ministry which focused on evangelism through the expository preaching of the Word of God and the discipling of it's members. With the increasing membership, Eastern Star Church began it's second and third, Sunday morning worship services.

1994

Eastern Star Church joyfully marched into the building on Sunday, September 19, 1994 and then Eastern Star added a full-time Child Care/Preschool Ministry.

1995 

Several new full time ministries began. Eastern Star Church launched a newsletter, the Chronicles, which evolved into the EXALT magazine that is distributed to members and others worldwide. The church also established a full-time Christian Education Department that included JEWEL Christian Academy and JEWEL Bible Institute. It also began JEWEL Ministries, which encompasses our outreach radio and television ministries, which has evolved into a full-time outreach and counseling and visitation ministries, as well as a church that is open seven days a week to minister to the needs of people.

1996

Eastern Star Church continued to meet the needs of people across Central Indiana; the church began a third Sunday morning worship service on the northeast side of Indianapolis.

1997

Eastern Star Church broke ground on phase one of the expansion/renovation program at the Main Campus (30th Street) and purchased land for a future building of a permanent facility on the northeast side of Indianapolis.

2003

Eastern Star Church dedicated the Fishers Campus building.

2011

Eastern Star Church dedicated the Cooper Road Campus building.

Today

As we celebrate more than 95 years of ministry, we can commit our lives to Christ to do all, be all, and receive all that God has for us. Eastern Star Church, we must realize that what we do today will be our history tomorrow. We commit to continuing to be a church that God uses to make a difference.

Our Church Plants

Eastern Star Church has a vision of planting churches across the country.

In August 2001, Pastor Johnson and the Eastern Star Church planted its first church, New Life Worship Center, with Pastor John F. Ramsey as the Senior Pastor.

In March 2004, Pastor Johnson and the Eastern Star Church planted its second church, New Beginnings Fellowship Church
, with Pastor James A. Jackson as the Senior Pastor.

In September 2006, Pastor Johnson and the Eastern Star Church planted its third church, New Horizons Church
, with Pastor Eric Wiggins as the Senior Pastor.